Fixing a broken custom ASP.Net Form

by | Aug 2, 2016 | BlogPosts, Sharepoint, Tech Tips | 0 comments

Here’s a quick solution to a small but problematic issue we experienced recently. One of our customers applied a Cumulative Update to SharePoint 2013 SP1. The custom ASP.Net form in SharePoint that we had created then stopped working directly as a result.

Here’s how to solve it.

By using F12 Developer tools, we found out that the update had altered the way that the mouse-over field displayed. So instead of getting just the field name as we did before the CU was applied, we now get the field name plus ‘Required Field’ appended when it is a mandatory list field.

So, we had to update our code to accommodate this:

var matterStatusFieldSelector = "select[title='Matter Status Required Field']";

This simple change resolved our issue. This was updated using SharePoint designer (which we recommend).  I hope this small snippet saves you a few hours of fault finding! How about subscribing to the Datalytyx blog in order to receive a monthly update on all our articles and support tips!


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *