Your Personal Data
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the ‘GDPR’).
Who we are
Datalytyx is the data controller. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
What data we need
Datalytyx complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We collect personal data for the following purposes:
- maintaining our own accounts and records
- information on how you use our website, using cookies and page tagging techniques
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our project delivery survey
Processing your personal data
The data we collect may be shared with supplier organisations.
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your personal data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
In general, this means that we will only hold your personal data for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 7 years.
Children’s privacy protection
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Datalytyx holds about you
- The right to request that Datalytyx corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Datalytyx to retain such data
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
Contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) if you:
- have any questions about anything in this document
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
You can also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent regulator.
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF